Monday, November 26, 2012

My Once Upon a Time

        I have always believed that everyone has that one, true love. That person that you're meant to find, that you will meet regardless of time and circumstance. A soul mate.  You see it in the movies...you read about it in books. It's the stuff of legends.
               I always wished that maybe, one day, I'd get that too. In fact, I count on it. Isn't finding your true love the point of all this, after all?
               Well let me tell you my story. Or the beginning of it, anyway. I really don't have that whole timeless love story thing going on....yet. 
 As of now, I'm just an Average Normal Canadian University Student who loves old movies and snowfall and laughing uncontrollably. And of course, being kissed. But I'm not talking about any kind of kiss, here. I'm talking about that weak-kneed, world-stopping, sigh-inducing, life-changing, upside-down and inside-out kinda kiss. True love's kiss. The most powerful magic in the whole world. In fact, it is stronger than magic. It's stronger than anything.  



My favorite couple, possibly ever. Also, my favorite Disney Princess. Where's my Prince Eric?!

             And so here I am, waiting for my story to start. When the magic clings to the wind in the trees, when every word he will utter will make me swoon, when only one thing in this world will simultaneously  hold me to the earth and let me fly; that is when my life will really begin. And then nothing will ever be the same. 
             University is going to be an adventure, and I want to document it here. I'm going to write down all of my stories, all of the magical and enchanting things that are bound to happen in this wonderful and independent place. No matter how embarrassing or enthralling or frustrating, I'm going to tell my story.  
             Because after all, a story is always meant to be told. And so mine shall begin like all the other tales of true love: with Once Upon A Time. 


"Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind. The End." -Grandpa 






No comments:

Post a Comment