Friday, March 22, 2013

Something Different


     Where has the time gone? I have been so enthralled lately with everything that I have lost all time to write anything! So I must update you readers on all that has happened since my last post. Namely....Marcus has happened. Have you ever felt that feeling of free falling through time, through space? It is so easy to fall for him, easier than anything I have ever known. It is like nothing I have ever felt before, but it is also so familiar and real.
      After that first night we met, everything changed. I couldn't sleep a wink that night, thinking about his smile and his sweet kiss. And suddenly it was like my life had shifted, had changed course. The littlest things he does make my insides mush and my lips smile and my whole self brighten. It's like nothing I have ever felt before, and it's the most fantastic, most invigorating and wonderful feeling. He texted me after walking me home that magical first night, literally sending, "thx for everything, u just made my life brighter, bcuz even if all I get with u was tonite, I am the happiest man alive." It's safe to say that I melted completely. When I showed Annie the next morning, though, she pursed her lips and made an "uhmp" sound. Confused, I asked her what the problem was. She was clearly not understanding the significance of THIS AMAZING TEXT THAT THIS AMAZING BOY SENT ME ABOUT OUR AMAZING NIGHT TOGETHER. When I asked her what the deal was, she just bit her lip. 
      "We-llllll.... Apparently  he's kind of a ladies man." I rolled my eyes, perhaps to cover my own fears that something, anything, could prove to me that last night wasn't the fairy tale I had thought it was.
       "According to whom, may  I ask?" 
       "His best friend Clarke, who told me that he always does this, it's like his thing. He is so adorable and sweet and attentive for the first two weeks of a fling, and then he just doesn't care. He stops caring 
completely, stops calling, texting, coming over. And I say fling specifically because his 'relationships' never get past that stage."  I had listened to her with a slowly breaking heart, and as I sat down on my bed, looking down at the floor and twirling my flower ring around and around my finger, I tried to center my thoughts.         
        "So... you're saying its too good to be true." I asked slowly, watching Annie's eyes betray her. That was exactly what she was thinking. I sighed and lay back on the bed, covering my face and wondering how on earth I could have fallen for a 'player type.' I felt Annie sit down beside me.
         "Juliet...maybe this time it's different. Maybe... you're different." I scoffed into my palm.
         "Oh, c'mon Annie! Don't give me that. You sound like a girl who's completely clueless!" Annie sighed, and placed something on the bed beside me. 
         "And you sound like a girl whose given up hope.  And that certainly is not the Juliet I know." She rose and left the room, quietly shutting the door behind her. Removing one finger from my face, I saw my phone on the bed where Annie had left it. I had one new message from a certain boy.  My heart fluttered as I read his words: "There's something different about u. I want to see u tonite."

No comments:

Post a Comment